Graduation Jitters


So it’s officially my last semester here at GCSU, and on top of my everyday class work I’m preparing my self mentally and wardrobe wise, to return back to the work force. Goodbye sweatpants and free t-shirts, hello internet job boards and headhunters.

Typically I would never fear returning to the workplace, but in this market I’m a bit concerned. Here are something’s I’m doing to stay ahead. If you have any tips please feel free to add them.

Perfecting my resume, its important that the first impression that employers have of me is a strong one. This will essentially get my foot in the door.

Building my online portfolio. It’s no secret that the convenience of the internet makes life easier, my online portfolio will allow potential employers to access more information, writing samples, design samples and references with two clicks.

Lastly, I’m leaving I’m keeping a positive attitude. I don’t really need every job in a bad market, I just need one! “People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.” ~Norman Vincent Peale

0 comments: